Everyone everywhere enjoys high-quality, affordable housing resilient to the effects of climate change.
By providing the OS for retrofits with streamlined workflows and market transparency, help building owners accelerate the climate transition of existing multifamily buildings.
Shared competencies are skills that every member of our team, regardless of role, should work to develop and refine because they are critical to success as a team of “managers of one.”
Practice self-awareness and context-awareness.
“Highly self-aware individuals are able to turn their focus and critiques to themselves, observing their current emotional and mental state. People who are truly self-aware separate their decision-making from their emotions; they control and manage their thoughts, rather than having their thoughts and emotions control them.” Source
- Regularly and dispassionately assess own successes and failures
- Ask for, listen to, and accept positive as well as critical feedback
- Empathize with and take the perspective of others
- “Read the room” and tailor the message to the audience
2. Open communication
Articulate their thoughts and ideas clearly, present information in a straightforward and logical way, and they ensure that they are understood.
- Readily share useful information and knowledge with others
- Consistently close the information loop by making sure they understood others and that others understood them
- Truthful, realistic and constructive in the communication
3. Mutual support
Complete their own tasks for group projects in a timely and responsible manner and directly contribute to reaching the group goal.
- Create a safe space where everyone can ask for help when needed
- Assist others in the completion of their tasks to support the group goals
- Build and maintain cooperative work relationships with others
- Effectively collaborate in meeting and in informal interactions
- Play to each others’ strengths
4. Self management
Assume personal responsibility for achieving outcomes
- Work on the right tasks by ensuring they know their top deliverables
- Finish what they start
- Assume personal responsibility for achieving outcomes
- Effectively manage their own time as well as support others' time management
- Develop contingency plans in anticipation of possible problems & adverse consequences
- Use technology to effectively track & steer their work
- Know when to push on and when to take a breather